Relocating to Hilton Head: Hilton Head Builders Area Guide
Consistently ranked among the top beach destinations in the U.S., Hilton Head is a paradise for locals and tourists alike. Check out our area guide to see our top picks for activities and eateries on and around the island.
Things to See and Do
These are our top 10 picks for things to see and do in Hilton Head, S.C.
- Harbour Town Golf Links – 11 Lighthouse Lane, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.363.8385 – https://www.seapines.com/golf/harbour-town-golf-links.aspx. A favorite among PGA Tour players and host to the RBC Heritage PGA event, Harbour Town places a premium on finesse, imagination and shotmaking, rather than strength.
- Outside Hilton Head – 50 Shelter Cover Lane, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.686.6996 – https://www.outsidehiltonhead.com. Explore Hilton Head with the outdoor experts. This outdoor outfitter offers guided dolphin watching tour, boat rentals and much more!
- Harbour Town Lighthouse & Museum – 149 Lighthouse Road, Hilton Head, S.C. – 866.305.9814 – https://harbourtownlighthouse.com. Tour the iconic lighthouse to get a different perspective of the landmark, which symbolizes Hilton Head Island to people all over the world.
- Country Club of Hilton Head Golf Course – 70 Skull Creek Drive, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.681.2582 – https://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Country-Club-of-Hilton-Head/Amenities/Golf. This 18-hole championship golf course meanders through pristine marshland and pine forests along the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Tanger Outlet – 1414 Fording Island Road, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.837.5410 – https://www.tangeroutlet.com/hiltonhead. Spend the day shopping for premium brands and discount prices!
- Coligny Beach Park – 1 North Forest Beach, Hilton Head, S.C. – https://www.hiltonheadislandsc.gov/ourisland/parks/parksandfacdetails.cfm?FacilityID=25 One of the best and most popular places on Hilton Head, Coligny Beach Park gives locals and tourists the chance to step onto the sand and let the sea breeze carry them away. The boardwalk, swings and fountains make for an excellent beach experience!
- Fording Island Nature Preserve & Blue Heron Sanctuary – 5323 Fording Island Road Hilton Head, S.C. – https://www.mosscreek-hiltonhead.com/nature-preserves. Wooded paths and marsh boardwalks provide hikers and bikers stunning vistas of the nature preserve and blue heron sanctuary.
- Sea Pines Tennis – 32 Greenwood Drive, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.785.3333 – https://www.seapines.com/tennis. Rated as one of the nation’s best resorts for tennis and instruction.
- Salt Marsh Paddle Tours – 101 Marshland Road, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.422.3965. https://www.saltmarshpaddle.com. Offering stand-up paddleboard and kayak rentals, as well as two-hour guided tours. Family owned and operated.
- Harbour Town Shopping – 149 Lighthouse Road, Hilton Head, S.C.. – https://www.seapines.com/recreation/harbour-town/shopping.aspx. With over 20 unique boutiques, galleries and gift shops, the shopping experience at Harbour Town is one you don’t want to miss!
These are our top 10 picks for restaurants and dining experiences in Hilton Head.
- Hudson’s – 1 Hudson Road, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.618.2772 – https://www.hudsonsonthedocks.com. Dockside seating with some of the freshest seafood on the island!
- The Crazy Crab – 104 William Hilton Parkway, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.681.5021 – https://thecrazycrab.com Southern seafood favorites served in a kitschy, nautical-themed setting along Intracoastal Waterway marshlands.
- Salty Dog – 232 South Sea Pines Drive, Hilton Head S.C. – 843.671.2233 – https://saltydog.com/dine/cafe.html. A waterfront legend serving up fresh and tasty fare for more than 30 years!
- Skull Creek Dockside – 2 Hudson Road, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.785.3625 –https://www.docksidehhi.com. Relaxed spot for local seafood, burgers and flatbread in a setting along the Intracoastal Waterway. The outside games are a favorite for locals!
- Ela’s On the Water– 1 Shelter Cove Lane, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.785.3030 – http://www.elasgrille.com. Southern-influenced seafood and steak in an upscale bistro, accented with local art. Great harbor views.
- Big Jim’s BBQ, Burgers & Pizza – 7 Trent Jones Lanes, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.785.1165 – http://www.palmettodunes.com/big-jims. Families, golfers and locals love this relaxed restaurant with weekday happy hour specials, big screen TVs and an outdoor patio overlooking Palmetto Dunes’ golf course.
- Poseidon – 38 Shelter Cove Lane, Suite 121, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.341.3838 – https://www.poseidonhhi.com. Casual, waterfront seafood spot with daily oyster specials and a rooftop bar featuring live music.
- Watusi – 71 Pope Avenue, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.686.5200 –https://www.watusicafe.com. Family-owned local favorite featuring gourmet coffee bar and a diverse menu of healthy meals, including gluten-free and vegetarian options. Well-known as a favorite breakfast and brunch spot!
- Fish Camp on Broad Creek – 11 Simmons Road, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.842.2267 https://www.fishcamphhi.com. Enjoy a lunch, brunch or dinner of American cuisine and craft cocktails. Boats passing by on Board Creek serve as the backdrop.
- Old Oyster Factory – 101 Marshland Road, Hilton Head, S.C. – 843.681.6040 https://www.oldoysterfactory.com. Fine dining along the waterfront, with fresh-caught seafood and a wide range of steaks and delicious desserts.
Relocating to Hilton Head, SC
If you’d like to learn more about designing and building a custom home in Hilton Head, contact us today to discover the possibilities!
Connect With Us
DISCOVER THE HAGOOD DIFFERENCE