While Hagood excels at offering clients personalized designs, many of our included features may seem like we’ve created them just for you. One of the best things about this list is many builders consider these upgrades and charge extra, not with Hagood. Let’s look at some of the popular standouts you’ll find in each Hagood home.
1. Flexible Bonus Room. With a lounge, a bedroom, and a full bath, your bonus room functions as a spacious private suite. It’s great for guests, as an office, or simply as a personal sanctuary or game room for kids and grandkids.
2. 42-inch Fireplace. In most new homes — if they have fireplaces at all — you’ll find 36-inch fireplaces. The size difference may not sound like a lot. But the larger proportions of Hagood fireplaces deliver an impressive presentation to serve as the centerpiece of your main living space.
3. Zero-Entry Shower. This universal design feature is popular no matter the age of the homebuyers! Primary bathrooms in Hagood homes have large, threshold-free showers filled with natural light from top windows that also offer privacy.
4. Triple-Pane Windows. You’re probably familiar with double-pane windows. Does a third pane make a big difference? It sure does! Triple-pane windows are up to 50% more energy efficient than double-pane, which translates to energy savings you can verify with our EcoSelect program.
5. Eight-Foot-Tall Solid-Core Doors. Six-foot-tall doors are standard in many new houses. At Hagood Homes, however, eight-foot-tall doors throughout the first floor are an upgraded included feature.
These stately doors perfectly complement ten-foot-high ceilings, creating an open, airy feel throughout the home. And solid-core bedroom doors offer considerable quality.
6. A Walk-in Attic. With a full-size door! No rickety pull-down steps or cramped spaces. And unlike most other attic spaces, there is no extreme heat in the summer. With Hagood’s signature spray foam insulation, the attic stays about the same temperature as the home, no matter the weather.
7. Five-Inch-Wide Hardwood Flooring. All common areas in Hagood homes offer warmth and appeal with natural hardwood floors. As durable as they are elegant, hardwood floors are easy to clean and add to a home’s value.
8. Coastal Trim Package. We initially offered this exquisite package as an upgrade. But we believe every Hagood home deserves the added elegance of flat-panel window casings, cove crown moldings, and enlarged window headings. It’s just one more striking example of the coastal design that’s a hallmark of the Hagood difference.
9. Screened Porch. A screened porch offers the perfect opportunity to enjoy the enviable North Carolina weather. Appoint yours with patio furniture for gatherings with family and friends — an outdoor dining set creates a magnificent space for sharing meals alfresco!
10. Shiplap or Wainscoting? This choice was once only offered as an upgrade. Now, all homebuyers can choose shiplap or wainscoting in their foyers and dining areas. No matter which you choose, this enhanced millwork charms with true low country style.
Our list includes far more than these top ten features. A raised-brick foundation, full overlay kitchen cabinets, and many more features will make your Hagood home stand out. Would you like to know more? Contact a member of the Hagood team today!